Comprehensive Home inspections save buyers
Home inspections are fast becoming recognised as the only way to protect all parties when buying or selling property in the South African market. Current legislation does not require a home inspection but buyers are most times required to sign a voetstoots clause or “as is” clause which effectively means they sign away their rights when buying property.
The consumer protection act covers buyers buying from developers but not from private sellers. Of course sellers have a common law duty to disclose latent and patent defects but the onus is on the buyer to prove that the seller did not do so. So proving that the seller knew about a defect that they did not disclose is a costly excercise that most buyers cannot afford.
HouseCheck routinely gets emails from clients who have bought property that has not been inspected and who feel that the seller ought to have known about the defect.
For a small investment buyers and sellers can buy peace of mind.
HouseCheck is a national home inspection company which provides a full range of home inspection services
Our comprehensive home inspection service is the best in South Africa because:
- Our comprehensive home inspection fees are reasonable – our average fee is R3 900. This fee is a small and wise investment compared to the price you are paying for the house. Informative HouseCheck reports usually save our clients many times our fee. (Our fees are based on the number of rooms in the house – bedrooms, bathrooms, living rooms, kitchen, garage and outbuildings.)
- We deliver the HouseCheck report within one working day of the inspection.
- Our home inspection condition reports are comprehensive and cover all areas of the house – including the roof, roof cavity, geyser, walls, foundations, floors, ceilings and finishes.
- Our inspectors are trained by SAHITA (www.sahita.co.za) and by HouseCheck. Our training and methods are based on best international practice taking into account the South African building codes and conditions.
- HouseCheck reports are of a high consistent professional standard and are properly checked. View a sample report. In terms of quality and detail, HouseCheck reports are without equal in South Africa.
“Grateful to have a good report for Agent to offer prospective buyer”
- Nell Browne
Recent Blog Posts
Certified Home Inspectors in South Africa In 2021 this is the status of certification for Building Inspectors and Home Inspectors in South Africa. Certified Home …
Which home inspector should you choose to reduce your risk? The problem is: How do you choose a home inspector with new home inspection businesses …
Are Home Inspections Worth It? Home inspections provide prospective buyers with important, independent information regarding the condition of a property. Home Inspections are worth it …