Qualified Home Inspectors wanted
One of South Africa’s major corporates has approached HouseCheck to launch a dedicated home inspection service for their clients. This is likely to result in huge inspection volumes and as a result HouseCheck is planning to recruit 40 more home inspectors nationally before the end of the year 2020. These home inspection jobs will form part of the governments vision to create 10 000 home inspection jobs in South Africa.
The corporate client has stipulated that all home inspectors used must be SAHITA-trained and must have the capacity to deliver daily volumes of accurate and consistent inspection reports within 48 hours of the inspection.
Home Inspectors Wanted
HouseCheck will, begin a selection process for home inspectors who can demonstrate building knowledge and who have either completed the SAHITA home inspection course or who are in the process of doing so.
HouseCheck also anticipates that The Property Practitioners Act 2019 will come into effect within months. Draft regulations for this Act have already been gazetted for comment. The PPA is going to provide the SA home inspection industry with a massive boost – this is because this new law requires much higher levels of disclosure regarding the condition of the property by home sellers and their estate agents.
Therefore HouseCheck is seeking suitable qualified inspectors as sub contractors throughout South Africa.
The opportunities are available nationwide but particularly in the following areas:
- Gauteng – Pretoria
- Gauteng – Centurian
- Gauteng – West Rand
- Gauteng – East Rand
- KZN – Durban
- KZN – Pietermaritzburg
- KZN – South Coast
- Eastern Cape – Port Elizabeth
- Eastern Cape – Jefferys Bay
- Western Cape – Cape Town
- Western Cape – West Coast
- Northern Cape
HouseCheck requires proficient building/home inspectors with powerful observations skills who are computer literate and proficient in English.
Candidates must be willing to work as sub contractors, on an exclusive basis to HouseCheck. Candidates are responsible for their initial training and SAHITA fees but the further training required specifically by HouseCheck will be provided free of charge. It is anticipated that this training will take place online as well as physically at the HouseCheck Academy in Cape Town for a period of four days.
The costs of transport and accommodation will be at the candidates expense. Lunches will be provided.
All candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- SAHITA Graduates on the new QCTO Curriculum (Conversion completed). Applicants with experience who commit to doing this course may be considered.
- A building science or related qualification. Experience may be taken into account in lieu of this qualification.
- Home inspector or building inspector experience, or building experience.
- Candidates need to be prepared to undertake further online and classroom training.
- Candidates are prepared to sign an exclusive contract with HouseCheck.
- Candidates must be agile and physically fit as they will be expected to climb into roof cavities and on top of roofs.
How to apply?
Applications are to be made by forwarding the following documents in a single email to email@example.com:
- A motivation covering letter.
- An updated CV including contactable references.
- Certified copies of qualifications (SAHITA certificates do not need certification as they can be independently verified).
- The results of this online personality test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
- A copy of a South African identity Document.
This round of applications close on 15 August 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 31 August 2020 via email. Interviews will be conducted online. Further rounds of interviews will be conducted as the project ramps up.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic the actual training and implementation dates of the rollout can not be determined at this stage. However it is a good time to get all the necessary qualifications in order and your applications .