Snag reports for new buildings
Building? – Get a HouseCheck Snag list
This service is popular with our clients when developers or builders hand-over newly-built houses or units. HouseCheck will thoroughly inspect and “snag” the structure so that the client can present the builder/developer with a detailed schedule of all issues (major and minor) which are to be corrected by the builder/developer as part of the hand-over process.
This inspection includes “minor” issues (such as poor paintwork or bad grouting of the tiles) and HouseCheck also reports on the overall standard of the structure from a structural, safety and functional point of view.
Here are some of the major problems that HouseCheck inspectors have encountered in newly-built units:
- Walls, doors and windows out of square, or not plumb.
- Poor plastering, tiling and paving.
- Window and door frames which have not been properly sealed.
- Floors which are not level, or slabs which are cracked.
- Roofs with messy tiling, poor flashing, or incorrect waterproofing.
- Ground drainage issues which will likely result in future damp in the house walls.
- Poor building techniques and lack of adherence to building regulations – this often relates to cavity wall construction and roof structures.
- Boundary walls which are likely to crack due to incorrect or missing expansion joints and piers.
- Plumbing and sanitary ware issues.
- Shoddy or unsafe electrical installations.
Fees for a HouseCheck Snag List are by quotation.