Home inspector for peace of mind
Your local HouseCheck home inspector is your passport for peace of mind. South african buyers of real estate who buy from private sellers do not have the protection of the consumer protection act. The moment buyers sign an offer to purchase (OTP) containing a voetstoots clause then they sign away their rights.
So the prudent thing for buyers is to first establish the true condition of the property they are considering to buy. HouseCheck receives so many emails from people looking for advice on how to deal with surprises they received after buying property and discovering defects.
The reality is that it’s far cheaper to deal with potential problems upfront. HouseCheck inspectors regularly find problems with geysers, bad roof construction, problems with roofs that are soon to result in leaks, sources of dampness and many more.
So to save yourself some heartache get a home inspection before you buy. If you are pressurised to sign an offer to purchase make sure the estate agent includes a home inspection clause. That gives you the opportunity to walk away from the deal or renegotiate if HouseCheck finds any defects.
HouseCheck is a national home inspection company which provides a full range of home inspection services
Our home inspection service is the best in South Africa because:
- Our home inspection fees are reasonable – our average fee is R3 500. This fee is a small and wise investment compared to the price you are paying for the house. Informative HouseCheck reports usually save our clients many times our fee. (Our fees are based on the number of rooms in the house – bedrooms, bathrooms, living rooms, kitchen, garage and outbuildings.)
- We deliver the HouseCheck report within one working day of the inspection.
- Our home inspection condition reports are comprehensive and cover all areas of the house – including the roof, roof cavity, geyser, walls, foundations, floors, ceilings and finishes.
- Our inspectors are trained by SAHITA (www.sahita.co.za) and by HouseCheck. Our training and methods are based on best international practice taking into account the South African building codes and conditions.
- HouseCheck reports are of a high consistent professional standard and are properly checked. View a sample report. In terms of quality and detail, HouseCheck reports are without equal in South Africa.