Buying a house? Avoid these expensive mistakes
Buying a house is a huge financial investment and can be very risky. You do not want to waste your money. Here are some “money pits” which HouseCheck can help you to avoid:
- Make sure that there are no costly hidden defects in your dream house: Don’t just rely on the estate agent or the seller – do your own homework. A HouseCheck home inspection report documents and evaluates all observed defects and also provides you with an estimate of the costs of repair.
- Make sure that the asking price is realistic: You should evaluate the actual condition of the house in the light of market-related prices for similar homes. Don’t just rely on the estate agent – do your own homework. Get a HouseCheck home inspection report and also buy a comparative market analysis for the house. You can do this online for less than R100. HouseCheck will advise you where to get this important information.
You should always make your Offer to Purchase conditional on a HouseCheck report
Take action now:
- Get a HouseCheck quotation within minutes. Just complete the online form below and we will email you a “no-obligations” quote for a house inspection report.
- Download our free 45-page HouseCheck Home Buyer’s Guide now. This unique free book will both empower you and save you money. We will teach you what “money pits” you can avoid by helping you to properly understand the full sales process – from dealing with an estate agent…to making an offer… to getting a HouseCheck home inspection report…to getting a mortgage bond… to understanding transfer costs….to moving into your dream home.
HouseCheck is a national home inspection company which provides a full range of home inspection services
Our home inspection service is the best in South Africa because:
- Our home inspection fees are reasonable – our average fee is R3 500. This fee is a small and wise investment compared to the price you are paying for the house. Informative HouseCheck reports usually save our clients many times our fee. (Our fees are based on the number of rooms in the house – bedrooms, bathrooms, living rooms, kitchen, garage and outbuildings.)
- We deliver the HouseCheck report within one working day of the inspection.
- Our home inspection condition reports are comprehensive and cover all areas of the house – including the roof, roof cavity, geyser, walls, foundations, floors, ceilings and finishes.
- Our inspectors are trained by SAHITA (www.sahita.co.za) and by HouseCheck. Our training and methods are based on best international practice taking into account the South African building codes and conditions.
- HouseCheck reports are of a high consistent professional standard and are properly checked. View a sample report. In terms of quality and detail, HouseCheck reports are without equal in South Africa.
HouseCheck’s nationwide team of inspection professionals: